Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana @That Artsy Reader Girl. She provides us with prompts to write a bookish list. Personally, I don’t participate every week, just once when I like a certain prompt.
This week we got “Thankful Freebie” so I thought this would be a great opportunity to talk about some lovely book bloggers. All the people mentioned have done a lot of great things and have many different talents. I’m just talking about some of the more specific moments or characteristics that stand out to me in some way. Here we go!
I’m Thankful to …
- Amy @Novel Gossip for being one of my very first followers. She’s actually my third follower, but the first person who is still blogging today. She started following me on July 23rd, 2016. How far we’ve come since then. I remember feeling so special seeing the first few people pop up in my follower tab. Thanks for seeing something in me when back when I had NO clue what I was doing yet!
- @Cassiopeiasmoon for being the first person to ever tag/nominate me for something. It was the Liebster Award. At that point, I was only blogging for about a week and I was so excited someone had noticed me. Here are her and my old posts if you’re interested. I answered some critical questions like “what’s the worst nightmare you ever had?” and “have you ever been to a sauna?”.
- Eliza @Dusk Angel Reads for being what I consider to be my first bookish friend. Always chatting to me in the comments of my early posts. I remember feeling excited every time I saw one of her comments come in. It was so precious.
- Drew @The Tattooed Book Geek for being someone who is always authentically himself and so so funny. He has inspired me to be more like myself on my blog and let my personality shine through. Which is easier said than done when you’re posting about books. Finding my blogging voice has definitely been a process, so I appreciate seeing other people shine.
- Zuky @Book Bum for the many, many great mystery/thriller recommendations. She is always sharing reviews and interesting upcoming releases, continuously fueling my love for thrillers. In a sea of ya, romance, and fantasy, I always appreciate seeing one of her posts pop up.
- Lauren @Wonderless Reviews for being so open, honest and real on her blog. Sharing some of her best and worst moments with a side of music recommendations to match. Back in the day, whenever I did posts talking about my struggles with being a consistent blogger, stressing about uni stuff or during one of my many moves, she was always there in the comments being super sweet and making me feel less alone.
- Sofi @A Book A Thought for being one of the people to always remind me to take the time to hop around other people’s blogs and see what everyone is up to. She is someone who puts so much effort into actively reading everybodys’ posts and taking the time to comment on them. I always found this so admirable. Lately, I have been more able to do this myself and it has been a great experience! We should all take some time out to be supportive of other bloggers’ posts.
- C.G. @Paperfury for inspiring me with her beautiful graphics. Her rainbow aesthetics, pictures, and blog graphics have always been #goals to me. She also has a very distinctive way of writing her blog post which I always thought was so cool (not to mention publishing two successful books).
- Jenna @Bookmark Your Thoughts for being the kindest, most supportive person ever. She puts so much time and effort into leaving sweet comments. Every time I come back from one of my however many month-long hiatus’, expecting nobody to still care about my blog, she is there in the comments to welcome me back. It means the world to me!
- Vanessa @Wolf & Books for being my lastest follower as of writing this post. Welcome to the family! Is it weird to call it a family? I don’t care. Let’s just be sappy today. She has some great reviews over on her blog and in the one I linked she put my exact feelings into words (it’s for The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware). Don’t you love it when someone does that for you.
- Jana @That Artsy Reader Girl for hosting Top Ten Tuesday. It’s not easy hosting a meme and I imagine it can feel like a big responsibility when so many bloggers depend on you for something. She has done such a great job so far! It has been a lot of fun taking the topics, doing my own spin on them, and blog hopping as much as I possibly can to interact with all the lovely people participating. Thanks for making all of that possible!
These were some of the lovely bloggers I am thankful to. Now let’s share the love 🙂
If you’re reading this, please mention a blogger in the comments who has been a friend to you, inspired you or has given you some great recommendations over the years. I’d love to visit their blog!
Thanks for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day.