Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana @That Artsy Reader Girl. She provides us with prompts to write a bookish list. Personally, I don’t participate every week, just once in a while when I like a certain prompt.
This week we were asked to talk about the books we want to read this summer. During summer I usually read a lot of thrillers. Mostly because my mom used to always take a bunch of thrillers with her on vacation and I kind of took over her habit. There’s nothing like sitting on the beach with a good page-turner!
I decided on 5 books of my physical TBR and 5 audiobooks. The physical books are ones I tried to read before but was not in the mood for at the time. The audiobooks I chose because I also enjoy laying in the sun, being able to close my eyes while listening to something. Let’s hope I don’t fall asleep to any of these!
BOOKS I OWN THAT I WANT TO GET TO
1. THE LEAVING BY TARA ALTEBRANDO || This is a thriller about six kids being taken and now, a bunch of years later, only five came back. It also has an interesting way of using text. Sometimes there are only a few words on the page or the words are flying off. It seems interesting enough, I just couldn’t focus on it when I tried reading it before.
2. GENUINE FRAUD BY E. LOCKHART || I read We Were Liars by E. Lockhart in 2016 and had mixed feelings about it. I saw the twist coming from a mile away, but I still finished it in a day, which I never manage to do. There isn’t a lot I know about this book, but I’m hoping it will be another fast read.
3. THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS BY M.R. CAREY || This book has been on my shelf for AGES. I think I bought it just after getting back into reading in, which was in 2016. This is a book about zombies, I think? Paranormal books are usually not for me but this had great reviews and I’m still interested in it since it’s also a thriller… and about a kid?
4. THE DEAD HOUSE BY DAWN KURTAGICH || A horror story told through reports, interviews and two girls’ diary entries. “Carly gets the day. Kaitlyn has the night”. Why I haven’t read this yet? Nobody knows.
5. ILLUMINAE BY AMIE KAUFMAN & JAY KRISTOFF || Guys… if you’ve been around for a while you know that this book has been on my to be read list SO many times. It’s crazy. This book is fast-paced, told through mixed media. I’ve made it to page 100 multiple times and enjoyed what I had read so far. I honestly don’t know what the problem is.
AUDIOBOOKS I WANT TO LISTEN TO
6. THE HATE YOU GIVE BY ANGIE THOMAS || Next on the list of things I should have read by now… This book has received so many good reviews and I need to read a book about the Black Lives Matter movement. I’m just going to schedule an entire day to read this so that I can fully immerse myself.
7. BIRD BOX BY JOSH MALERMAN || This is a book I’ve been eyeing for years now. Recently it was adapted to a movie and it has rekindled my interest. Don’t really know the details anymore. I think it was something about not being able to look at something or it’ll mess you up.
8. THE NOWHERE GIRLS BY AMY REED || A book about sexual assault with a group of girls teaming up to bring awareness to the issue. Yes please.
9. THE COUPLE NEXT DOOR || My mom read this thriller last summer and said it was great. That’s really all the information I need on this one.
10. THE CHALK MAN BY C.J. TUDOR || I was intrigued by this one when I saw it in the store. There was this version with a bunch of doodles of chalk men on the spine of the book instead of a title and/or author. It’s about is this crew of kids who draw chalk men to communicate with each other and then a mystery person uses the same sign to lead the children towards a dead body. Creepy!
Those were my picks for this Top Ten Tuesday prompt.
What do you think?
Have you read any of these books?
What’s on your summer reading list?
Thanks for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day!