Welcome to this Book Scavenger Hunt directions post! This is the revamped version of my previous meme Searching Saturday. The aim of Books Scavenger hunt is to find new-to-you books and broaden your bookish horizon. You find books by following my directions, which I post each last Sunday of the month, though this time I’m a little late (oops). The directions are connected so that each month, you form a chain of books. The meme is adjustable to do on a monthly or a weekly basis.
I was pretty late with posting my August Treasures post due to being in a general slump for the past few weeks. That’s why I have posted both my treasures from last month and my directions for the next month today. From now on I’m planning to do the treasures post on the first Monday of the month so you can expect September Treasures very soon!
- Find a book by a popular author you haven’t read anything by yet, but would like to.
- Go to the first page of book 1 and randomly select a word by pointing somewhere on the page. Find a book that has that word in the title.
(Internet Alternative: randomly select a word from the synopsis)
- Find a book that has lettering with the same color as the background from the cover of book 2.
- Find a book with approximately the same Goodreads rating as book 3.
(± 0.2 stars)
- Find a book with a synopsis that is similar to book 4’s synopsis.
(Could be the same general vibe or similar plot points, like ‘missing person’)
Those are my shiny new directions. Let’s talk about it in the comments.
Do you like this month’s directions? Which one are you looking forward to? Which one do you expect to be the most challenging?
Thanks for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day!