Hi! My name is Nikki, Nice to meet you. I am reintroducing myself to you because I disappeared off the face of the earth again… or at least the face of the blogging earth. What I mean is, I have not posted anything since the 13th of August. It is now the 30th. No postings for 16 days! WHO AM I?
I decided to make this post today to let you know why I’ve been gone and also to thank you because of a very exciting milestone I’ve reached.
Sooo… do you ever have those days where you feel like you are super busy and running around the entire day, but at the end of the day you ask yourself what you actually did. Like where the heck did all those hours go? That has been me for the past few weeks.
What I spent most of my summer doing while I thought I was being productive
- Being a sack of potatoes. Just sitting in a comfortable spot staring into the universe until something snaps me out of it. Sometimes I wonder how I manage to spend so much time doing literally nothing. I came to the conclusion that this is me enjoying the fact that for this little period of time, I have no responsibilities. Might as well do nothing while I can afford to do so. Right? Riiiight…
- Watching 3 seasons of New Girl. When I started watching the show I thought it wasn’t for me. Jess seemed kind of annoying. I decided to keep watching because my friend loved it. Somewhere along the way, I have become addicted to it. I can’t stop watching! After I’m done watching think I just watched two episodes and it turns out to be five. How does that happen? Please send help.
- Getting lost in the void of YouTube. It starts out with me just watching some new videos by the people I’m subscribed to. Sometimes a title or thumbnail in the suggested section grabs my attention, so I click it… and I keep clicking and before I know it I am watching some weird DIY step-by-step tutorial on how to make something I will never need in my life.
- Completing the “Failing at finding a house to rent” cycle millions of times:
1. Scour the internet for a place to rent,
2. Reach out to the owners of the house,
3. Wait for their response while being extremely hopeful,
4. Get rejected,
5. Have a mental breakdown about probably never finding a place,
- Setting up a Bullet Journal for an entire year. I know this is not the traditional way but the traditional way doesn’t work for me. The idea of a bullet journal is that you can combine everything into one journal and just switch things up. However, I hated how messy my last bullet journal ended up being. So I decided to make all of my monthly and weekly spreads in advance and start my collections and random stuff after (so everything is more sectioned off). It’s turning out great but it’s also taking over my life. I’ve spent DAYS working on it.
- And finally… NOT READING. Why am I not reading? I’ve had so much time to read.
Where am I going with this update
Does anyone know? I guess I just want you to know I haven’t vanished. Things have been a bit messy lately and I did not want to force myself to keep posting. I am hoping that when I get back to school, I will get back into the swing of things and picking up blogging will be easier then. I cannot promise you when I will get posting back on track exactly because who knows what will happen. But I can promise you I am trying.
I reached 300 followers while I was gone!!! ❤
This came as a total surprise to me. I have been chilling around 260 followers for ages. So reaching 300 has not been on my mind at all. Also, I normally don’t get a lot of people stopping by my blog when I am on a hiatus. Which makes it even crazier! Crazy in the best possible way.
Anyways. I want to thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart. This first year of blogging has been an eventful ride. I have had my fair share of ups and downs. Those downs mainly being the struggle of being unhappy with the look of my blog and being uncertain about my content. Which is still a thing sometimes. But it all becomes irrelevant when I think about how happy I am to be a part of this community. Ultimately, numbers don’t matter. However, seeing that number pop up and realizing that 300 people want to be bookish friends with me on this little site of mine is amazing.
I hope we will all get to spend lots of time together in the future and that you will continue to read and enjoy the things I put out.
That’s all for today. Let’s have a little chat in the comments.
Are any of you going back to school?
If so, which year/what are you starting? How do you feel about it?
Thanks for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day!