Edit: This post somehow disappeared from my blog and went into my drafts. Why do these things always happen to me? Unfortunately, the version that I found in my drafts was one of the first versions of it so I lost most of my post. I was able to put it back up, but I don’t feel like rewriting everything so it’s a shorter version of the original.
I will be participating in the 24 in 48 readathon, which runs from Saturday 22nd at 00:01 AM until Sunday 23 at 11:59 PM EST. I’m sticking to the original times which means I am converting to CET. For me, it will be running from Saturday 22nd at 6:01 AM until Monday 24 at 5:59 AM. This readathon will probably be a great fit for me because it’s all about how long you read, not how much. Nothing is gonna get in the way of reading! “No, I can’t go out, super important stuff happening”.
- Death Note, Vol. 3-4 by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata
- Death Note, Vol. 5-6 by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata
- Death Note, Vol. 7-8 by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata
- Death Note, Vol. 9-10 by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata
- Death Note, Vol 11-12 by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata
- Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 13-14-15 by Hiromu Arakawa
It’s been a hot minute since I read manga. I’m really excited to dive back into these series and I think this readathon will be a great moment to do so.
- We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (0h 45m)
- Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur (1h 6m)
- Howls Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones (3h 22m)
- I’m Thinking of Ending Thinks by Iain Reid (5h 22m)
I’m guessing I’ll need to have a bunch of audiobooks at the ready to keep my sanity. These are just a few that were on the shorter side and were jumping out at me.
- Because You Love to Hate Me by Emeriie & a bunch of others
- The Leaving by Tara Altebrando
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- The Bazaar of Bad Dreams by Stephen King
I’m reading a bunch of physical books at the moment (as always) which I might be continuing on with during the readathon. I think this will actually be a great selection (except for A Game of Thrones), since The Leaving has some weird text manipulation which makes some of the pages half empty and Because You Love to Hate Me and The Bazaar of Bad Dreams are short story collections.
I went all out and made some plans and a schedule, so that I have no excuse to fail at this. I’ll be home alone all weekend and have no responsibilities. So I plan to do some food shopping for dinner, take some snacks, maybe some wine. I’ll do this before the weekend starts so I have everything I need to survive the entire weekend locked up in my house. I’m planning to switch between reading physical reads, audiobooks and manga pretty frequently, so that I don’t get sick of it. Taking breaks will also be pretty important, which is why I scheduled 3-hour reading sessions with 1-hour breaks in between.
My time schedule looks something like this (for both Saturday and Sunday):
07-10 Current reads
19-20 Current Reads
Total read each day: 12 hours
Will you be participating in this readathon?
What do your reading plans look like?