This “we should talk” is a pretty spontaneous late night post but it’s been a long time coming. I have been struggling with my blog for a little while. I wasn’t sure about how I wanted it to look, what I wanted to post, and what I wanted my schedule to be like. I was changing my mind about these things every day. One day I felt like I should change the look of my blog entirely and start posting every day. Another day I felt like I should keep the style but change some content. I was all over the place. Maybe I still am but I feel pretty certain about things right now. Some changes will be made, I hope you’ll like them.
1. I am changing the names of a few meme-type posts so that they are not linked to a certain day anymore. With exception of Top 10 Tuesday and Searching Saturday (my own meme). I am doing this because it feels restricting and I don’t like it. I want to have more freedom in what I post. Top 10 Tuesday is an exception because it’s a bigger meme which I don’t join every week. Searching Saturday is an exception because I figured one fixed post would be doable.
2. Going hand in hand with the first point. My schedule will be focussed on certain posting days, rather than certain posts. The content you will get on a specific day will vary each week, with Searching Saturday as the only exception. Right now I am just committing to posting something each Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.
3. I haven’t been enjoying my own meme lately, which is a shame. So I’m changing up my method of searching and the content of the posts. Previously, I was searching books on Goodreads, picked two that I liked that fit that week’s theme, and showed these off in my posts. From now on, I will be searching books at my local bookstore, pick the first few I find that are new-to-me fit the theme, and discuss if I could see myself reading them. Feel free to join this new method, keep the old one, or try something entirely different. For more information about the meme, go HERE.
4. I will no longer post Teaser Tuesday posts, not under a different name either. I haven’t been enjoying it so I’m not going to continue.
5. Some of the formats of my posts will change. How I place pictures and text, which subtitles I use, where I use my dividers, etc. I will be experimenting with this for a little while.
6. I won’t be changing my featured pictures anymore (I’ve been doing that forever) but I will be changing my blog banner. Someday soon I hope.