It’s been a minute since I did a tag or an award post. I must admit I am a little behind on doing the posts I have been tagged in. I swear I will catch up. Thanks to the lovely Liza @DuskAngelReads for nominating me for this award! Be sure to check out her blog because she has some amazing posts and she is a very friendly person 🙂
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog in your post.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger provided you with.
- Nominate 5 to 11 bloggers who you think deserve the award.
- Create 11 original questions for the next nominees to answer.
1. If you’re not meant to judge a book by its cover then why do books have covers! What books have you bought just for their cover?
That’s a great question. It got me thinking. What if books didn’t have covers? How weird would that look?! We need a cover to protect the insides of the book. But why does the cover need to be fancy? All books could just have a plain outside. Even though we’re not supposed to judge a book by its cover, we all do it sometimes. So the publishing companies take advantage of that by creating beautiful books. And to be quite honest with you, I’m happy they do. My bookshelf would look a lot more boring if they didn’t!
I don’t think I own any books that I bought just because of the cover. When I buy a book, I’m always at least intrigued by the synopsis. I do own some books that I prioritized over other books because of their nice covers. So instead of buying a book I have been wanting for a long time, I picked these up on a whim. Here are some of those:
2. Are there any books you have multiple copies of?
Only for one book. I feel like owning multiple copies of one book is a little silly. I do understand some people like collecting different editions and covers. Especially of their favorite books of all time. But I would personally rather buy a completely new book. The reason I own multiple copies for one book is because I am an idiot. I bought the mass market paperback box set of the Game of Thrones books. I know I hate reading this format because it’s so tiny. This box set was way cheaper than the normal one and I thought I would be able to handle it. But I couldn’t. Now I’m buying the normal paperback editions as I read them. So far I only own two copies of the first book.
3. Do you listen to Audiobooks? If so what was your favorite?
I don’t. I’ve tried to listen to audiobooks before but I just get distracted too easily. I started off by trying to listen to audiobooks on the train or while working out but I got distracted by looking at my environment. Then I tried doing something with less distraction, like coloring. That didn’t work either because my mind just wanders off. Before I know it I catch myself thinking about something else and I have missed 10 minutes of the book. I think audiobooks just aren’t for me
4. Do you prefer reading eBooks or physical books more?
Physical. I don’t even own any eBooks. I have nothing against them. But for me, nothing can beat the feeling of actually flipping pages and seeing how much you have read. Also, I wouldn’t want to miss out on closing a book when you finished it and putting it on my read shelf.
5. If you could get a prequel to any book or series that you have read which would it be?
Tough one… I’m going to go with Paperweight by Meg Haston. Stevie is such a great, complicated character. She gave me so much insight into eating disorders. I would love to know more about her background and her thoughts before she was taken to the treatment center.
6. Do you have any bad reading habits?
Starting a new book before finishing the one I was reading. I do this all the damn time! I think I currently have 9 books I am not reading anymore but I’m halfway through. I should probably just DNF some of them but I find that really difficult (I’ll be doing a post on that soon).
7. Do you like getting library books?
I wish I could. I’m from the Netherlands but I hate reading translated books. Unfortunately, my library doesn’t really stock that many English books. Young adult books are especially hard to find. Most of the time they don’t even have popular books in the Dutch translation. So lending library books isn’t really an option for me.
8. Has the way you read changed since you started blogging?
I read more fantasy, which I never really used to read before watching Booktube and blogging. It has also made me care more about how many books I read a month. I used to never worry about finishing something fast but now I feel some kind of pressure. I think I should try to let that go and just enjoy reading the book.
9. What is your favorite type of posts to read?
I love discussion posts, where people share their thoughts on a bookish topic. I also really like tags. I think I’m just interested to hear people’s opinions.
10. What is your favorite type of posts to write?
I love the Down the TBR Hole meme, where I declutter my Goodreads To Be Read shelf (created by @LostInAStory). Something about removing books from that giant list is really satisfying to me.
11. Do you read outside your comfort zone or stay firmly in it?
I like to think I read pretty diversely and try to get out of my comfort zone. I used to only read mysteries and thrillers. Now I also read fantasy, science fiction, paranormal, contemporary, horror, historical fiction, and manga. I’m probably forgetting some. I like to read out of my comfort zone because I can discover new things that way!
- Lois & David @LoisReadsBooks
- Kris @Lemon-Notes
- Sanne @SanneInBookland
- Angie Elle @Books&BeautyAreMyBag
- Cassie @RantsAndRavesOfABibliophile
- Cath @BookishSmaug
- Elizabeth @ImaginationInPrint
- Which genre (that’s out of your comfort zone) would you like to read more from?
- What is your biggest bookish pet peeve?
- Do you ever DNF (Do Not Finish) books?
- In which popular book do you have no interest in reading?
- If you could buy one book right now, which one would you choose?
- Do you care about keeping your books undamaged (no broken spine, no folds, etc.)?
- Describe yourself in three words.Why these words?
- What is your favorite snack?
- What is your dream job?
- Would you rather change something in the past or see something in the future?
- What is the next goal for your blog?