Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by @TheBrokeAndTheBookish. The aim is to make a list fitting the weekly theme. The goal for this list is naming 10 things, but more or less is allowed. They also encourage you to take a different spin on their topics so they fit your own listing needs.
So I decided to take this week as another freebie. I totally understand that they needed a break, 6.5 years of hosting this meme is a long time! I didn’t feel like listing books today, so I decided to make another wordy list. Last time I did this it was 10 Reasons Why Romance Isn’t My Thing, which was also very fun. Today I thought I’d be a little more positive, so I’m talking about happy bookish moments.
- Buying books & Giving it a home– I don’t know about you, but buying a new book can turn any of my shitty days right around. After buying it, the new gem is brought to our bookshelves. I just love finding the perfect spot for it. Bad side effect: most times I end up rearranging my entire shelf…
- Starting a book – Opening a book, flipping the first page and starting the first sentence. The start of a new world to explore & new friends to make. It really is a beautiful thing.
- Breaking the book’s spine – You might think I’m a monster for this one, but that’s alright. For lots of readers, breaking the spine is a nightmare come true. For me, it’s a happy bookish moment. I don’t break the spine of a book on purpose but when it happens I take it as a sign of the book being well loved. I love looking at my shelf and seeing that some of the books really look read.
- Getting comfy – Big chair, check! Pillows, check! Blanket, check! Coffee, check! Stormy weather, check! This is the only moment rain can make me happy.
- Connecting to characters – I always feel so happy and understood when I come across a character that I can truly relate to. Which is exactly why diversity in books is so freaking important!
- I told you so moments -Don’t you love those moments when in your head, you give a character some brotherly/sisterly advice. Like “Don’t do that! You will get caught”. Of course, he/she doesn’t listen to you and of course, you end up being right. I TOLD YOU SO!
- When a book doesn’t hit you in the face – When lying down getting hit in the face is a serious treat. It’s always a happy moment when you read lying down… and the book falls… and it wasn’t on your face.
- Finishing a book – I always feel so accomplished whenever I end a book. The best part is actually closing the book.
- Seeing your ‘Read’ shelf grow’ – I know not everybody sorts their books by ‘read’ and ‘unread’, but I do. When I picked up reading last year, I owned 3 books I had already read. Now this shelf has been slowly expanding and I love it! It’s so satisfying.
- Finding someone in the bookish community that agrees’s with you – One of the best things about this community is having those moments when another blogger writes something about a book and you’re like YEEESSSS! That’s exactly how I feel. Those are great 🙂