- Read more! I just started getting back into reading in 2016 and decided on a low Goodreads goal (12 books). This year I’m going for 30, which means I have to read 2,5 books a month. It’s a bigger goal, but still manageable.
- Read more diverse books, especially #ownvoices.
- Read more books about mental illness. I think this is very important, as I am studying this.
- Finish up all the books I started in 2016 and never finished (the currently reading pile in my A Reading Year in Review post). Also, I need to stop this bad habit in 2017. Note to self: finish what you start or DNF the book.
- Pick up some larger books, stop being afraid of those. I don’t pick them up because I’m scared they will take me forever to read. I’m already a slow reader and read way less than the average blogger, so I stay away from big books to avoid reading even less. Which is a pretty dumb reason to not read a book. I shouldn’t care about numbers, it’s all about enjoying the books we read.
- Buy less. I’m attempting buying a book only after I’ve read two. My TBR pile is not too out of control yet but I’d like to cut it down a little.
- Succeed in a readathon. How great would that be?!
- Be more consistent. I always do good with posting on specific dates and times for a while but start skipping some later. I need to stop doing that.
- Write blogs in advance. This one is the source of the problem of the one above. I should not have to write my blogs te morning of.
- Write more reviews. My goal was to do one every Friday and I managed to do that for a while. Sadly, my last review was posted in September. I just need to start writing reviews right after reading the book.
- Do more Tags. So feel free to tag me in stuff this year.
- Do more original posts. Thinking of new ideas.
- Finally fix the layout and graphics of my posts, so that I like them. I have changed every single post on my blog at least 10 times. It’s not healthy!
- Interact more. Give more love back to other bloggers. I always reply to my comments and I do visit other blogs but the latter should be more regularly.
- Use my social media, Instagram and Twitter, more. I am horrible at this, so I want to at least give it a fair shot this year
What are your reading, blogging or other goals for 2017?
Do we have any of them in common?
Tell me in the comments!