As I talked about in my personal update post, November was a crazy month. My month consisted of taking finals and moving. As you would expect, in my reading life, November wasn’t a great month. I still managed to get some reading done. Go me. Paperweight isn’t in the picture because I read it before I packed my book. This means it’s in my read books box, which lives in a storage.
What I read in the month of November:
Paperweight – Meg Haston
I finished this beautiful book pretty early on in the month. I LOVED this. So interesting, so important, so powerful. If you are looking into reading a book about eating disorders, pick up this one. I’ll soon tell you all the reasons why.
Lord of the Flies – William Golding
This book is a required read for my Group dynamics. We had to read up until chapter 6 this month. So I did. Like the perfect student I am… (Silent laughter). I was never required to read this in school because I live in the Netherlands, so we read dutch classics. Anyways, I’m interested in this book because of the psychological aspect. BUT THE WRITING. It’s so dense. Which makes it pretty difficult to get through. I got to page 81 out of 225.
Illuminae (#1 Illuminae) – Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
Illuminae has been everywhere, for a while now it has been very popular. Not too long ago Gemina, the sequel, came out. The fact that people were so extremely excited for the sequel to come out , reinforced my wish to read it. Then the Tome Topple read-a-thon came out (which is all about reading big books). Illuminae was a perfect fit. It’s big enough to fit the rules, yet has an interesting mixed media type of way to tell the story. I wasn’t able to finish it, though. I got to page 85 out of 599.
What I posted during the month of November:
- Top 5 Wednesday #4 Favorite Publishers
- Translation Thursday #1 Introduction & Cow in a Ditch
- Translation Thursday #2 With the Door in the House
- Introducing My New Weekly Meme [Searching Saturday]
- November 2016 Topics [Searching Saturday]
- Searching Saturday #1 A Book From Your Favorite Genre
- Searching Saturday #2 A Book Set in a Place You Want to Visit
- Searching Saturday #3 A Book With a One Word Title
- December 2016 Topics [Searching Saturday]
What I’m planning on reading in the month of December:
- Finishing Lord of the Flies, of which I have 145 pages left.
- Finishing Illuminae, of which I have 514 pages left.
- Forbidden by Tabatha Suzuma.
- The Tales of the Peculiar (#0.5 Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children.
What did you read during the month of November?
Which of your created post is your favorite?
What do you plan on reading during the month of December?