So today I found a very nice and unexpected comment on my 25 Bookish Facts About Me post. The lovely Cassiopeiasmoon from A book lover’s corner nominated me for the Liebster Award! To be honest with you I had never even heard of it before. But I did some research and I am so happy I got nominated. It seems like a great way to get the word out there on new blogs. So again, Cassiopeiasmoon, thank you so much! I truly do appreciate it, as I never would have thought my blog would get noticed so fast … by anyone. To all others reading this, please check out her blog.
The steps after you get nominated are
- Thank the blog who nominated you and recognize their blog. CHECK
- List the rules in your post. CHECK
- Display the Liebster Awards somewhere on your blog. CHECK
- Answer the 10 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
- Write 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs and inform them of their nomination.
- Provide the blogs you nominated with 11 questions.
On to the questions Cassiopiasmoon provided me with
1. If you could live in any country except your own, which would it be?
I have two answers for this one … and I can’t decide on which one.
My first answer is England, London specifically. Because it just seems like a nice place. What a great reason… Also everyone speaks English which would be great because I like it more than my own language (which is Dutch). Bookstores are just full of books written in English, instead of one corner somewhere in the back of the store. One downside is I have never actually been there before. So who knows what I’ll think of it then.
My second answer would be Spain. A place I have been many times before. The main reason for this one is the climate is a little bit nicer, but it’s not to0 far away. And I actually want to learn how to speak Spanish anyway. So that’s a win-win situation if you ask me.
2. Worst nightmare you ever had?
I am one of those people who have insane dreams all the time. The worst one was when I was a kid. It all started after I watched a kids tv show that tells scary stories (WHY?!). I don’t remember what happened on this show in detail but it was about two guys who were on a little boat together on sea far away from shore. Something happens and one of the guys throws the other one of the boat and leaves him to die (I swear it was a kids show…). So after that I kept having recurring nightmares of seeing the ghost of this guy at sea. I saw that guys face like it was the size of a full body in my bedroom… many nights. It was horrible.
3. Ideal summer evening?
Could be many different things. But I grew up right by the sea and a beach that is very popular in summer. We don’t have many days with great weather (it’s currently raining). But when we do I love hanging out at the beach with a friend, my boyfriend or a family member. Eat dinner at one of the restaurants on the beach, have a nice drink and talk until the sunset.
4. Are you looking forward to season 4 of Sherlock?
I don’t watch it.. Please don’t kill me I will probably get to it soon. I watch too many series as is … Game of Thrones, Hannibal, Orphan Black, Orange is the new black, Marco polo. My all time favorite still being Breaking Bad.
5. What is your Hogwarts house?
Going on with the trend of please don’t kill me… I haven’t read Harry Potter yet. Starting them next month I think. I have watched the first 5 movies. I didn’t know what my house was yet, so I just did the pottermore sorting hat. Results are: I’m a Gryffindor!
6. Dark or light colors?
Depends on what the colors are on. For the decoration in my house, light, mostly white. For my planner and college supplies, light, mostly pastel colors. For my clothes, dark, mostly black.
7. Have you ever been in a sauna?
I have been a few times. I don’t remember all times. Most memorable was in a hotel in Turkey when I was about 12. It was beautiful! Most recent was a sauna in that is in the same building as a pool I went to with my boyfriends’ mother. She wanted to spend some quality time with me and she does aquaerobics on Wednesday. So now I join her sometimes and we always go to the sauna after. Never been to one where you have to be nude though.
8. One thing you want to accomplish before you die?
Helping out as many people as I can. That’s why I study psychology. I don’t think of it as fixing someone, but I really just want to offer support to as many people as I can.
9. Do you play Pokemon GO?
YES! I have to admit I first downloaded it mostly to go on Pokemon hunts with my boyfriend. But now I’m addicted. He is a very competitive person. So I went out a few times without him to get a higher level than him and catch Pokemon he doesn’t have. After one day of playing, I was two levels higher and caught a Dratini in our living room while he was still sleeping. You should have seen his face, priceless. Now of course he went out of his way to catch up with my level and has surpassed me. But he is still a little sour that I have caught 3 Dratini’s now and he still has 0.
10. Favorite fruit?
All year around I’d say grapes. I eat them a lot when I study in the library with my best friend. One of us always get’s some and we share them. For summer definitely melon and strawberries because my mom always got me those.
11. How long have you’ve been blogging?
Since last Friday 22/7. This means I have been blogging for 6 days now.
I’d like to add that I loved these questions!
10 Random Facts About Me
- My favorite soda is Ice tea Sparkling
- I get obsessed with collecting things. I used to have a million collections: bottle caps, coins, post stamps, rubber bath ducks, Pokemon cards, yu-gi-oh cards, and so on and so forth. Nowdays, I still have a tendency to want to collect things, like books or colored pencils. I WANT THEM ALL.
- I draw. I used to draw a lot with my dad. I don’t do it as often now but when I do, I love it.
- I can never keep plants. They always die on me.
- I am really sentimental about keeping things that remind me of a certain place or time. I’ll always hold on to tickets, receipts, and cards.
- I’m not the best at cooking. I keep trying though. My specialty is pancakes…
- I always fill my glass of water to full and close to the top. I spill it all the time but keep overfilling. Even though my boyfriend keeps reminding me not to (he told me this when I asked him a random fact about me).
- I play volleyball. I have for about 6 years now.
- I always get bit by muskitos during the summer. Not once, not twice. But at least 5 times per body part. Not exaggerated. I always get bit on weird spots too, like my neck or my fingers.
- I always shake someone’s hand when meeting them. After that I always hug.
My questions for the people I nominated
- Choose one word that describes you. Why that one?
- What is your most awkward memory of meeting someone for the first time
- Which place or thing do you love most in your home?
- What is your number one pet peeve?
- What is your favorite tv show?
- Which toppings do you order on your pizza?
- What is the biggest change in your life between now and five years ago?
- What is your happiest memory
- Coffee or tea? And why?
- What is the latest white lie you told someone?
- What is your next goal for your blog?